Check out the new upcoming events at Monopole Wine. There’s something for everyone!
Tonight is Double Header Night:
2 events, one night:
Garagiste Festival Tasting
Tonight, 5-8pm 12 wines–$20
Come down and get some great gourmet street food at one of 4 Food Trucks, and grab a glass of wine at the bar. Food Truck Food welcome!
Then taste a bunch of great wines from independent producers from Paso Robles and the Central Coast. This will be a sneak preview to the huge Garagiste Festival in Paso Robles! (coming this Nov. 10). Featured wines:
- Argot – from Sonoma
- Cloak & Dagger-Reds only
- Center of Effort – Edna Valley/Pinots & Chards
- Edmond August – Paso Robles Rhone blends
…and also tonight:
Thursday night Food Trucks:
4 Food Trucks on El Molino. Bring your food in, and grab a glass of wine!Tonight’s Trucks: India Jones; Waffles de Liege; Rounds Burgers; Komodo Truck. No music tonight because of the Garagiste Tasting.
Then on Saturday: Don’t miss this–
GRAND ROSE TASTING!
Sat. June 30, 4-7pm only $25
Call the store for reservations:
17 wines for $25.
Don’t mess around figuring out what the best great Roses are this summer. Come try them all on this Saturday afternoon. All shades of salmon, pink, rose, and light red. Taste all of them and pick up your favorites for the 4th of July! Some of the wines we will be pouring…
- Dom. Terrebrune Bandol Rose–50% Mourvedre with Grenache and Cinsault: organic, hand plows and hoes, indigenous yeasts, succulent herbs in a glass.
- Dom. Ste. Lucie, MiP (Made in Provence) Cotes de Provence–Organic with Cinsault, Grenache, Syrah
- Triennes, Vin de Pays du Var–Aubert de Villaine’s winery; mostly Cinsault
- Jean Luc Colombo Cape Bleue Rose–Syrah & Mourvedre
- Dom. Solitude Cotes Rhone Rose–100% Cinsault, one of the oldest estates in Chateauneuf du Pape
- L’Aventure Estate Rose, Paso Robles–70% Syrah 30% Cab
- Panky Rose, Santa Ynez–34% Cinsault, 31% Grenache, 35% Syrah
- Mas Bruguiere L’Arbouse Pic St. Loup–Stunning freshness and depth. 50% Syrah, 10% Grenache, 40% Mourvedre
- Saintsbury Vin Gris of Pinot Noir Carneros–”Vincent vin Gris” pure Pinot
- Korbin Kameron Rose, Sonoma–100% Merlot, only 12.8%, top of Mt. Veeder
- Ch. St. Cyrgues Cuvee Anna Costieres de Nimes–in the pebble covered Camargue Syrah, Grenache, Carignan
- Paul Thomas Sancerre Rouge–great purity and depth
- Quo Grenache Rose, Campo de Borja–Dark Spanish full flavored rose from Grenache
- La Madrid Malbec Rose–Argentina high altitude, made by H. Durigutti
- Anastasiou Agiorgitiko Corinthian Rose–Native to Greece, Agiorgitiko is One of Greece’s best
- El Plata Espumante Rosado Dulce–sparkling medium sweet sparkler from Argentina
- …and more!
- Zardetto Vino Spumante Rosé-from Conegliano where Prosecco is made; crisp with fresh cherry notes.
- Von Buhl Pinot Noir Rosé-bright, mineral laden, and amazingly zingy. Great sparkler from Germany.
THE OJAI VINEYARD
Winemaker tasting at the bar Fri., July 6, 5-8pm $10 no reservations
Since 1983, Adam Tolmach has continued to pursue his craft at his artisanal winery in Ojai, California, purchasing grapes from the finest terroirs in the coolest districts of northern Santa Barbara County. His quest to bring together European sensibilities of balance and finesse with the exuberant fruit from coastal California vineyards is expressed in the wines he makes today. Adam worked at Zaca Mesa in the late ’70s and started Au Bon Climat with Jim Clendenen in 1982. He’s been at it ever since, making some of the best artisanal, hand crafted wines in California. We will be tasting 4 outstanding wines from this iconic producer. Fabien Castel will be at the bar pouring theirSauvignon Blanc, Grenache, Pinot Noir, andChardonnay. If you like good wine, you should not miss this.
Monopole Summer Picnic!
Sun. July 8, 6-9pm $40
Great Home-style cookin’ by Chef William with wine pairings from Monopole Wine. $40 bucks covers wine/food. Call the store for reservations as this will sell out fast.
Wine 101 Class: Sat. July 21, 6-8pm $40
Our most popular class is back–learn all of the basics of wine while tasting 10 very fine, classic grape varietals from around the world. This is fun and informative, even if you already know a bit about wine.
Two of our favorite wines currently on our shelves. They seriously rock.
For more information about the events, Visit Monopole Wine’s website by clicking here!