About Pasadena ARTWalk
October 22, 2016 | 11am to 5pm
Playhouse District | Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena ARTWalk is Pasadena’s largest urban art fair with over 5,000 people attending yearly. The event highlights some of the best Southern Californian visual artists showcasing their work in painting, sculpture, watercolor, photography, mixed media, ceramics, jewelry, drawings, and printmaking. ARTWalk is free and all-ages are welcome.
The 11th Annual ARTWalk features:
- Juried Art Show & Sale
- Art Stroll
- Free Museum Admission
- Hands-on Activities
Applications are open now through July 29, 2016 for the Pasadena ARTWalk on October 22, 2016!
Application Requirements: The Pasadena ARTWalk is juried to maintain a high quality standard. An independent panel of jurors will determine eligibility based upon quality, originality, and presentation of artwork.
We welcome all artists to apply to exhibit in the Pasadena ARTWalk. Artists who participate will be able to sell their work and participate in a juried art show. Artwork submissions must fall under one of the featured categories:
- Mixed Media
- New Media
- Open Media
To be eligible for jury screening, artist’s application must include all items and complete the application in its entirety.
Only artists displaying their own original work will be eligible to participate in the Pasadena ARTWalk. Note cards, limited edition prints, giclees, t-shirts, posters, etc. of artist’s original work are permitted to be sold and displayed. The PDA reserves the right to request removal of displayed work that does not reflect that which was submitted (i.e. other artists’ work, etc.). Absolutely no imported, manufactured, or mass-produced items, kits or articles not made by the artist. Artwork should be appropriate for family viewing.
- All artists must have a temporary or permanent California Seller’s Permit by the time you participate in the event. If you already have a California Seller’s permit, please provide the information on the application. If you do not, please apply and obtain within three weeks of your notification date. Take a look at the California Board of Equalization website for more information.
- The City of Pasadena additionally requires that each artists hold a temporary (Special Event Permit) or permanent Pasadena Business License. If you have a current City of Pasadena Business License, please provide the information on the application. If you do not, a one-time Special Event permit will be facilitated by Pasadena ARTWalk.
We have a $15 non-refundable fee due upon application, to cover the costs for our staff and jury members to review all applicants.
Artist fees are due upon application.
- $125 – Artist fee for all applications submitted from NOW until June 24, 2016
- $175 – Artist fee for all applications submitted between June 25 – July 29, 2016
- $125 – SPECIAL FEE FOR Pasadena Society of Artists. PSA Artists submitting have until final submission deadline of July 29, 2016 to submit.
- IMPORTANT: Application fees will be returned in full if artist is not selected (minus non-refundable application fee of $15)
- City of Pasadena one day special event business permit (if artist does not already have a Pasadena Business License)
- Opportunity to show and sell work directly to the public.
- 10’ x 10’ tented booth provided by the Playhouse District.
- One chair
- Day parking pass
- Please note: Electricity and WiFi is not available.
- Artist name and tent number at location
- ARTWalk event creative: postcards, flyers, event posters, etc.
- Listing on event webpage, program and postcard
Best In Show Awards
Best In Show prize is awarded to three artists:
- First Place wins $500
- Second Place wins $300
- Third Place wine $150
Artists may only select ONE piece from their submitted pieces for Best In Show. In the application form, simply check off the box titled “Best In Show Entry” and upload the piece. As a reminder you can only submit ONE piece for Best in Show consideration. Failure to adhere to rules will result in disqualification.
Acceptance and Cancellation Policies
When will I know if I am accepted?
We will notify you via email if you have been accepted into Pasadena ARTWalk by August 19, 2016. Please be sure to add “gro.t1467249382cirts1467249382idesu1467249382ohyal1467249382p@kla1467249382wtra1467249382” to your contacts so that our emails will not go to your spam or promotional folders.
Accepted artists will also receive a confirmation packet with detailed information on space/area assignment, set up time and other pertinent event instructions.
After you’ve been selected, you will need to submit your California Seller’s Permit information if you have not already done so. If this is not received within that timeframe, your space will be forfeited.
How do I submit my booth payment?
Artists fees and application fees are due when you complete the application. Payment can be made via:
- Secure credit card payment through our website
- Check made payable to Playhouse District Association
Your booth deposit will secure your space in the show, and is non-refundable. Fees will not be refunded due to poor weather conditions. Please be prepared for heat, snow, rain, wind, or a perfectly gorgeous day.
FAQ & Contact
Check out some answers to frequently asked questions.
For additional information about ARTWalk, please contact the Playhouse District Association office via email at gro.t1467249382cirts1467249382idesu1467249382ohyal1467249382p@kla1467249382wtra1467249382 or by calling 626.744.0340.