* El Portal Anniversary Celebration: Friday & Saturday, April 8-9 at 5:30pm
El Portal is 21 and ready to party! Celebrate this milestone with mariachi, complimentary hors d’oeuvres, tequila tasting and a special deal you don’t want to miss: Order a regular margarita or mojito with a featured tequila or Don Q rum and get a second one for just $0.21!
El Portal Restaurant: 695 E. Green St., Pasadena
* Ophelia Song Fashion Runway Show: Saturday, April 9 at 7pm
You’re invited to EVENT 409, an in-house runway show of Ophelia Song Couture Summer 2016 on April 9! They will be showcasing styles of new arrived cocktail dresses, evening gowns, wedding dresses, designer jewelry pieces, shoes and hats. There will also be a charity sale during the event with 20% of the profit going to Aspiranet-Children’s care and Coastal Humane Society- animal shelter. RSVP to moc.l1503358742iamg@1503358742tcano1503358742ihsaf1503358742gnos1503358742.
Ophelia Song: 644 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena
* Frank Joel Tammariello Opening Night & Artist Reception: Saturday, April 9 from 5 pm – 8:30 pm
Frank Tammariello is an award-winning writer and director of TV commercials, short films and documentaries. This exhibition at Walt Girdner Gallery marks the first gallery show in the Los Angeles area of his current photography project, No Man Is An Island. The photography exhibition will be at Walt Girdner Gallery through May 8, 2016. Learn more at www.waltgirdnerstudio.com.
Walt Girdner Photo Studio & Gallery: 27 S. El Molino Ave., Pasadena
* USC Pacific Asia Museum – Free Second Sunday: Sunday, April 10 from 10 am-6 pm
- Silk Road Story Time – 10:30 am & 11:30 am
- Spotlight Tours – 11:00 am & 1:00 pm
- Movie screening – 1965 Monkey King animated (114 minutes)
USC Pacific Asia Museum: 46 N. Los Robles Ave., Pasadena
* City of Gold screening and Q&A: Sunday, April 10 at 5:20 pm
CITY OF GOLD filmmaker Laura Gabbert and subject Jonathan Gold will participate in Q&A’s following the 5:20 PM screening. In this richly penetrating documentary odyssey, Pulitzer Prize-winning food critic Jonathan Gold shows us a Los Angeles where ethnic cooking is a kaleidoscopic portal to the mysteries of an unwieldy city and the soul of America. Purchase tickets at: https://www.laemmle.com/films/40422
Laemmle Playhouse 7: 673 E. Colorado Blvd.