Saturday, August 26, 2017
4:00PM – 10:00PM
COLORADO BLVD + EL MOLINO AVE
Celebrate the neighborhood we love with a FREE end-of-the-summer street party
Tune in to the sounds of:
Music curated by Eric Lilavois
Immerse yourself in dynamic arts experiences created by you and local artists + arts organizations.
- Collaborate with the Armory Center for the Arts and Los Angeles artist Nery Gabriel Lemus on large-scale creative-play “Collapse Construction” comprised of structural shapes, stacking up tubes to create a sculpture that upon completion is pulled down by the very hands that made it – crashing to the ground, then, built-up again, in a creative cycle of collapse and construction!
- Explore the theme and methods of Pasadena Museum of California Art’s new exhibits Hollywood in Havana and LA Redux with two group mural projects.
- Contribute on-the-spot to “Optical Sound,” a kinetic installation of ribbons by Side Street Projects’ Steve Campos and Betsy Medvedovsky.
- “Paint’ in virtual reality with Surrogate Gallery’s artist Brad Wallace while the audience watches your creations come to life onscreen.
- Learn techniques from a chalk artist and get into the action with a community chalk mural by Light Bringer Project. You can also watch chalk artist Bianca Ornelas create a masterpiece!
- Make your mark with a hand print mural for kids led by the Southern California Children’s Museum.
- Add words to a running story in the Vroman’s Bookstore courtyard.
- Look back at Pasadena history through mystery and trivia with the Pasadena Museum of History.
- Join art workshops where you can build your own musical instrument, produce your own zine, design a wooden car, construct a collage, and more.
MAKERS + TASTERS
Indulge in food + drink from regional favorites or shop for unique handcrafted goods from local artisans.
Interested in Vendor opportunities? Apply now
WALKING + PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR
Capture the moment with Pasadena Walking Tours and Lyd & Mo Photography and tour public art installations in the Playhouse District, while mastering the perfect shot. Tours are at 5 pm, 6:30 pm, and 8 pm and begin at the “Stage & Cinema” mosaic mural at The Andalucia behind Vroman’s Bookstore. Bring your camera (or your cellphone)!
Space is limited and is on a first come, first served basis.
GETTING HERE + PARKING
INTERSECTION encourages you to take advantage of the many convenient public transportation options available to get to the Playhouse District
Getting Here with Metro
Go Metro to INTERSECTION! Take the Metro Gold Line Lake Station and walk to the El Molino Ave. and Colorado Blvd. Or rent a bike from one of our new Metro Bike Share stations! For your best route, fare information, or more info, visit the Metro Trip Planner or call 323.GO.METRO (323.466.3876).
Ride with Pasadena Transit
Take Route 10 from Allen Station or Old Pasadena to INTERSECTION – simply exit the bus at Oak Knoll or Oakland & Colorado. The bus will run every 18 minutes between 11am and 8pm. See the complete route and schedule on cityofpasadena.net.
Downtown Pasadena has many public and private parking options conveniently located near INTERSECTION. Find a map of parking locations at playhousedistrict.org/parking.