Saturday, August 26, 2017
4:00PM – 10:00PM
COLORADO BLVD + EL MOLINO AVE
Celebrate the neighborhood we love with a FREE end-of-the-summer street party
Tune in to the sounds of:
Music curated by Eric Lilavois
Immerse yourself in dynamic arts experiences created by you and local artists + arts organizations.
- Collaborate with the Armory Center for the Arts and Los Angeles artist Nery Gabriel Lemus on large-scale creative-play "Collapse Construction" comprised of structural shapes, stacking up tubes to create a sculpture that upon completion is pulled down by the very hands that made it – crashing to the ground, then, built-up again, in a creative cycle of collapse and construction!
- Explore the theme and methods of Pasadena Museum of California Art’s new exhibits Hollywood in Havana and LA Redux with two group mural projects.
- Contribute on-the-spot to “Optical Sound,” a kinetic installation of ribbons by Side Street Projects’ Steve Campos and Betsy Medvedovsky.
- “Paint’ in virtual reality with Surrogate Gallery’s artist Brad Wallace while the audience watches your creations come to life onscreen.
- Learn techniques from a chalk artist and get into the action with a community chalk mural by Light Bringer Project. You can also watch chalk artist Bianca Ornelas create a masterpiece!
- Make your mark with a hand print mural for kids led by the Southern California Children’s Museum.
- Add words to a running story in the Vroman’s Bookstore courtyard.
- Look back at Pasadena history through mystery and trivia with the Pasadena Museum of History.
- Join art workshops where you can build your own musical instrument, produce your own zine, design a wooden car, construct a collage, and more.
MAKERS + TASTERS
Indulge in food + drink from regional favorites or shop for unique handcrafted goods from local artisans.
Interested in Vendor opportunities? Apply now
WALKING + PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR
Capture the moment with Pasadena Walking Tours and Lyd & Mo Photography and tour public art installations in the Playhouse District, while mastering the perfect shot. Tours are at 5 pm, 6:30 pm, and 8 pm and begin at the “Stage & Cinema” mosaic mural at The Andalucia behind Vroman’s Bookstore. Bring your camera (or your cellphone)!
Space is limited and is on a first come, first served basis.